August 17, 2013

Dinner Menu

***I wrote this on Wednesday and forgot about posting it***

This week's menu. I am putting it up to help myself out, but it's always interesting to see what other people eat,huh? I usually shop on Wednesday's so I plan meals from Wed-Tues each week. I used to could buy our groceries for $100 a week, but that was about 6 years ago, minus a child and they were a lot smaller. Not to mention the price of food is more now. We were eating very frugally, er cheaply too, but these days I'm doing absolutely awesome to keep it under$150 a week. Normally it's much more than that.

Some extra things are happening this week, so I am trying to keep a low food budget.

Last Monday: Chicken provencal stew, rosemary bread, leftover chocolate birthday cake (meat and broth from a chicken I roasted and then simmered to make a gallon of chicken stock)

(Yesterday)Tuesday: Smothered mushroom porkchops and rice, peach clafouti (forgot to make a salad, porkchops were from the freezer when there was a sale weeks before, needed to use up a bunch of ripe peaches)

Wednesday: hot dogs with chili, cheese, onions, potato chips, pickles (kid's request)

Thursday: tomato basil soup with cream, grilled cheese (girls will be at grandparents, and I will be gone too, so hubby is on his own)

Friday: Ravioli with Italian sausage meat sauce, Caesar salad, caramel cake (Matt's birthday dinner)

Saturday: tuna pasta salad, corn on the cob (make tuna salad and add chopped onions and celery and cooked pasta)

Sunday: we eat leftovers or sandwiches

Monday: Crockpot bbq chicken sandwiches, oven fries

Tuesday: baked calico beans, homemade macaroni and cheese, cucumber tomato salad

2 comments:

MaryScarlett said...

Yum! If time allows I'd love the chicken recipe! Your menus sound really wonderful and creative.. nice!

Anneatheart said...

Hi there! Did you mean the crockpot chicken or the stew? Crockpot chicken is boneless chicken in the pot with bbq sauce and maybe a chopped onion, ain't much to it :) The other recipe is a bit more lengthy- I can post it if you'd like.