April 3, 2008

Homemade Ranch Dressing

My family loves Ranch dressing. I always buy it because I never remember to have the ingredients on hand to make it. I finally just made some yesterday and it was great.

Ingredients:

1 cup mayonnaise

1 cup of buttermilk

1/2 t salt- I put too much salt in mine, beware, you can always add salt later

1/2 t pepper

1 t dill weed

1 t garlic powder

1 t fresh or dried parsley (I used fresh)

sprinkle of Italian seasoning

sprinkle of paprika


Put all ingredients in glass jar. Put lid on tightly and shake. I ended up have to get a fork and stir it to work out the mayo lumps. You could also use onion powder or whatever herbs you like. This is just what I had on hand. Tasted just like the bottle stuff, but was fresh and I knew what was in it. I have enough dressing to last a month!

3 comments:

Joy Comes in the Morning said...

I am going to try this. DH loves ranch dressing. This helps out big time. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! I am always trying different ranch dressings to find the "perfect" one... like at a restaurant near here. Puccini's Italian restaurant chain has this ranch dressing that is a bit peppery or something. I can't squeeze the recipe or secret ingredients out of the workers there. But seriously, if I wasn't self-conscious, I could ask for it in a soup bowl with a spoon. It's THAT good.
I'm gonna try your recipe. I also love the fact that you know the ingredients are real when you make it yourself.
Thanks!

Mrs. M said...

Ranch dressing is our favorite. Do you think kefir would work just as well as buttermilk, since they are similar in taste?