October 1, 2008

Explanation

Ok I realize that what I posted down there is a bit, different. But I wanted to give some practical examples of how to live this out.

1. A few weeks ago I started feeling really bad. Like dizzy and weak and just plain bad. I laid down on the bed thinking "Oh no, what's wrong, what's going on...." And then I remembered, this is when I have to walk by faith in the Word of God and not by my senses. So I said," well, the Word says that by His stripes I was healed. So that means I am healed and that nothing is wrong with me; that I am perfectly healthy and whole from the top of my head to the soles of my feet, so body, get in line with the Word. "

And I got up. It was a fight though. I still felt shaky and dizzy and weak. I finished cooking dinner and doing dishes. We sat down to eat. After a few minutes I felt TOTALLY BETTER! One reason was I was just getting overly hungry, but if I had confessed with my mouth, I must be getting sick, then that would have opened the door for me to get really sick. Make sense? You pray the answer, not the problem.

2. A friend was going through great emotional turmoil; spiritual warfare everywhere. It looked real bad. But, me, my husband and his wife, all stood on the ground that we had prayed for deliverance, we had prayed for healing in his heart, we had rebuked the enemy from him in Jesus' name, and that was it. We kept thanking the Lord for what he had done in him and that a miracle was taking place. Well, it did. He has made a 360 degree turn around in a matter of a few short hours. (after watching Fireproof)

3. Looking at the numbers there was no way we could afford to move into this house. No way. But, we felt that God wanted us here and that we should step out in faith. Everything went together so perfectly, that we knew it was God's direction. So we stepped out. Since then we've not had to go into more debt, we've gotten awesome free beds and clothes and many other things, we have a large garden site to grow things and a place for chickens, which we've been wanting to do, the house has a large garden tub which I greatly missed and a lovely sunny eating area surrounded by windows. ALL things that I desired anyways, and by obeying Him, we were blessed. So many other things have happened that I can't even remember. We spoke prosperity and abundance with our mouth and it came.

"My God supplies all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
Phil. 4:19

Here is a personal story of how words can give you exactly what you say.

When my older two girls were 23 months and 11 months, I became pregnant. Now, my husband and I were in disagreement on birth control- I thought you should let God have complete control and dh didn't. So in order to 'keep the peace' we didn't use any. (bad un-submissive wifey) The day we decided to not control, I got pregnant. When I found out, my husband was not happy at all. He was mad. This made me feel terrible as well. It took all day to get him to talk to me about it and he expressed his anger. Then I said this, "Well, maybe something will happen and you won't have to worry about it anymore." What I meant was, maybe I would miscarry. I felt in my gut/heart/spirit that I shouldn't say it, but I was hurt and mad too so I did.

I had hard pregnancy- I felt bad. Much worse than just morning sickness, I could barely get up and take care of my other two. I just felt like I was going to faint all of the time. After two months I had the church lay hands and pray for me. I started feeling better each day. I went to the doctor, we had the ultrasound which showed a healthy baby at gestation 11 weeks. One whole month later, I felt great! I was planning for the baby and getting excited. Then one night I noticed some dark blood spots on my underwear. I didn't think much of it. The next day, more blood. I called the doctor, they just told me to lay down and rest. As the day wore on I start bleeding heavier and bright red. I knew in my heart what was going on. I finally got a doctor to talk to me and I went up there. They did an ultrasound and found no heartbeat. The baby died shortly after the first ultrasound, yet I carried it another month before my body did anything. Once I realized it, then my body started to miscarry with cramping and bleeding.

Many people think that it was God's will that they baby should not be born. From what I've learned I honestly think that my words opened the door for the Destroyer to come in.

"The thief comes to steal, and to kill, and destroy. But I've come that you might have life and more abundantly." John 10:10

God brings life not death. It was my words. They started things in motion to bring about what I said. Think of all the times people say "I just about died I laughed so hard." "You almost gave me a heart attack!" "That just tickles me to death." We are speaking of death all the time!!! How can that be good??

I know that there are several other factors involved in my child's death, such as the state of my health, but if I had spoken differently, I truly believe that we would have that child. So, after learning much more, and after deciding to wait several months to a year before trying for another one, we got pregnant! Now we have our sweetheart Sarah.

The next chapter goes into more detail about the things I've just said. No one has really commented at all, but I am going to continue posting the book. It's for yours and my own good :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Amen, and Amen! People don't comment because most don't understand the true authority we have in Christ Jesus! I began the Believer's Authority series right at the same time we were moving so I discontinued the series until I had more time to put into it. We have so much more power than any of us even realizes! We need to take a stand in our Lord and live victorious lives. "...thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven..." is what Jesus' model prayer was. What is God's will? Perfection. Perfect health, prospering finances, etc....

Good post! Thanks!

ccsmomma said...

This is the way I live my life. THANK GOD! that I've never known there was anyother way. My parents came into the batism of the Holy Spirit shortly after I was born and began to walk by faith around the same time. If one of us got sick, the first thing we did was prayed and spoke the word. I often times say to my body, "The Word says you are healed, so body LINE UP!"

Keep posting sister. It's good stuff that more people need to hear. Even if at first they don't understand, it plants the seed.

Amity said...

I agree about the words, I learned a long time ago that we should NEVER speak our fears out loud because the destroyer will use those words to try and destroy us. I know of a lady who backed over her own child with her van. She said her greatest fear was that she would run over her own child!!!! She spoke about it ALL the time everyone knew that was her greatest fear before it happened....WORDS are powerful. I NEVER speak my fears outloud...

Joy Comes in the Morning said...

Sorry you had to endure this. But thanks for sharing with others so that they know the power of the spoken word.

Sarah said...

Thank you for this post, Jessica. I really enjoy and benefit from your blog. You are around my age and I really relate to you. Reading your blog and seeing how He is working in your life has helped me "let go" and give all the control to God. I have seen amazing things happen to me since I began visiting you here in blogland, things that can only be God things. Thank you, and keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

So how do you "reverse" what is said? For instance, the foolish young woman that I was... I was encouraged by the pastor to not allow children at my wedding because it "might interfere with the video equipment". Not kidding. So I refused them and there were no children at my wedding.
Then shortly before the wedding, we fell into sin and I thought I might be pregnant... I prayed I would never get pregnant by him I was that foolishly afraid of the consequences of my sin.
Long story short, I'm completely infertile. Not able to have children for well over a decade of marriage.
Now what?
Is there hope?
Even after praying and begging for forgiveness, do I live with the consequence of foolish, naive, young lips?

~broken

Anonymous said...

After reading this, I was a bit speachless. My heart goes out to you. I also believe that God gives us rest and only gives us what we can handle. Maybe God just gave you rest for a while until he knew you could handle it. Your faith is awesome and so are you!

Shannon L. Fowler said...

Keep posting about it, people need to hear it and GET it!! I hear FAR too many people speaking sickness and death all over the place! "It's killing me", "oh, I feel a sniffle, I hope we don't get what's going around", "my knees are killing me", etc. It's bad enough when they speak these things over themselves and their family, but STOP speaking it over me!! I work with latex balloons and people are constantly telling me I will develop latex allergies and carpel tunnel - I tell then I have been doing this for over 13 years and NO I WON'T!! :)

I'm sorry you had to go through that loss. (HUGS)

God Bless,
Shannon in NC

Mrs. Darling said...

Hmm I have to disagree with this. I realize the tongue is a little member that can cause a fire but I dont think that God takes our children away when we speak the wrong words.

If that were the case everybody would be losing their children. How many times have even well meaning parents voiced the words, "These kids are driving me insane." Or to a close friend has a mom not said, Sometimes I wonder why I ever had these kids!"
God doesnt just swoop in and take the kids away.

Nor does he punish every time a wife will not submit. Why would God take your child away when you truly thought that God didnt want you to use birth control? You said "we decided" so at some point your husband agreed with you. If you truly felt that it was a sin to control the amount of kids that God wanted to give you than your husband would have been wrong not to give in especially since you didnt say anything about him feeling like God did want you to use birthcontrol. With his desire being just a preference and yours being a conviction, God "turned the heart of the King" so to speak and he agreed not to use birth control.

Your answer to your husbands anger was human. God isnt up there with a big stick waiting on us to slip up then swooping down to punish when we do.

I think you have taken on a heavy load here with this kind of thinking. If you follow through with this I dont think a one of us would be alive. God would have struck us all dead by now because of our actions and our words.

God had His reasons for the miscarriage. He had a purpose, a plan to fulfill in your life through all this. I am not disqualifying the power of the tongue but I just do not believe that God allows Satan to strike like that over our mistakes.

You say that your words opened the door for the Destroyer to come in. I disagree again. The Destroyer cannot come into a life where Jesus abides. Instead he has to go to God and ask permission for what he does in our lives and God tells him whether he can do whatever it is he wants to do. This is clearly shown in the book of Job. God allows Satan to test Job as long as he doesnt take his life.

God lives and abides in the life of the believer. Satan cannot touch you unless God allows it. The Destroyer cannot have access to us just because we slip up and say the wrong thing. In fact he cannot come in at all if God is already there. Satan however can control the lives of those in who's hearts he lives; the lives of those who have not given their heart to Jesus. He can control them to the point of demon posession.

But here you are, a woman just trying to do the right thing. You have prayed that your husband will respect your conviction. God worked in his heart and he agreed to let God control the children in your home. Then you get pregnant. Hubby is upset. He is not ready quite yet. Thats human. You lash out. Thats human. But to follow that with the Devil killing your child because of your words is just not how God works in the life of the believer.

The verse you quoted from John 10 is not meant to be applied to the life of the believer. Once Jesus comes in and give life more abundantly the theif cannot come in to kill and destroy. That is what Jesus is trying to say there. He's saying, Hey there is an enemy that wants to destroy you but if you come to Me, I will give you life. I will save you from that theif." Once God gives you life the thief cannot destroy you. If he still could destroy after Jesus gives life then what would be the point of Jesus even coming? You're right that God brings life. But He doesnt then step aside and turn you over to the Destroyer when you say the wrong thing.

Anyway that is how I read the Scriptures. I wish you the best and send you lots of hugs.

Anneatheart said...

Mrs. Darling,

I didn't say that God was the one doing bad things to me because I slipped up on the words; my words set a plan in motion. Once I've spoken them, they're out there. It is not God striking us dead, not in the least. When God created Adam, He gave him dominion over the garden. Well, when he sinned, he pretty much handed the reins over to the snake, Satan. He is now the god of this world, the prince of the power of the air. If God could make things happen the way He wanted to without messing with our free will, don't you think he would have already done it?

I don't see where exactly you got the idea that I was saying it was God who was causing these bad things- I thought I was pretty clear that it's our speaking contrary to the Word of God that is allowing the enemy to mess with us. Not God.

If you can think back to some things you might have said, such as, well my throat is sore and I have a headache, I must be sick. Then what happened? Did you get sick? Did you keep confessing over and over that you were sick? Yes, the fact is, now you are sick. But what is God's truth?
"By His stripes we were healed."

So, if that is His truth, then shouldn't we be speaking that instead of what is contrary to His Word. Sure we may feel terrible, but that's not where faith is. Regardless of how you feel, the Bible says Jesus paid for it and you were healed already. So when you feel bad, you say with your mouth the Word of God continually until you feel better.

I do not for one minute believe that Satan has to ask God's permission to hurt us. He just does whatever he wants. Jesus said a house divided against itself cannot stand. How could God use the tools of the enemy, sickness, death, poverty, to bring about something good in us? That's being divided. If we allow the enemy to come in and hurt us, that's our doing. God has given us the tools to fight the devil off in His Word. Jesus always fought him off with the Word- shouldn't we do the same?

Jesus also said in John 3:17 that He didn't come into the world to judge the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. If you look up the word 'saved' in the Greek it is 'sozo' which means: to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction

a) one (from injury or peril)

1) to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health

1) to preserve one who is in danger of destruction, to save or rescue

b) to save in the technical biblical sense

1) negatively

a) to deliver from the penalties of the Messianic judgment

b) to save from the evils which obstruct the reception of the Messianic deliverance

He came to save us from all the things the enemy can inflict upon us. I don't really understand how you can say that John 10:10 can't apply to the believer- doesn't all of God's Word apply to us? Have you researched it?

Also, if you look in Job, you will find that Job must have been talking about his fears a lot out loud, because he says ' the thing that I have feared has come upon me'. How could the enemy have known what to do to Job if he hadn't been talking about it? How would he have known how he could hurt Job the worst if Job hadn't been saying it?

I realize that I've thrown out some pretty crazy sounding teaching there, but truly power of life and death is in the tongue. I welcome any more questions and will try to answer it as clearly as I can. I am fallible and not always the best at speaking the right words, but I still think this is right. It's challenging to comprehend, but I have witnessed it in my life and many others' lives as well, so I know it's true. I've mostly given bad examples so far- there are lots of good ones to come!

Mrs. Darling said...

After all my years in Bible college and after committing huge portions of the Bible to memory there's little I havent heard at the ripe old age of 48, about Bible doctrine and different peoples take on it. There's nothing new under the sun.
Your take on this is not a challenge for me to comprehend at all since I first heard this idea being espoused back in 1978. I and many other Bibel exegetes didnt agree with it then and I dont agree with it now which means you and I will have to agree to disagree. :)
Love ya anyway. (((hugs))) I am truly sorry you lost a baby. I have lost 9 of them so I know what you went through. My heart goes out to you. Thank God you have 3 precious little babies now. He is good.

Mrs. Darling said...

By the way, you say, "I do not for one minute believe that Satan has to ask God's permission to hurt us. He just does whatever he wants." But Satan does ask God. Read Job chapter 1 verse 2 and then read through chapter 2 where Satan goes out from God and smites Job.

On another note, just for study purposes, you ask, "How could God use the tools of the enemy, sickness, death, poverty, to bring about something good in us?" Im not sure if you have totally thought that statement through as the Bible is filled with verses and stories stating that God did just that!
He says in James that it is the trying of our faith that brings about patience. He uses sickness, death, and poverty to bring about that trying of our faith. Without that how are we tried? He also says that when we are tried we will come forth as fine gold. How else is a believer tried if its not through sickness, death and poverty. God uses those very things to try us and to bring about patience and to bring out the gold in our lives. He says so very plainly in those verses and hundreds more.

Here is something else. There is a verse in Isahia you might want to ponder. God says, "I create evil and I create good."

I could go on forever with this because I love the exegesis of the Word Of God but its probably not beneficial for me to do so. :)

Anneatheart said...

Mrs. Darling,

Wow, yes, we will have to agree to disagree, because I completely disagree with you :)

Just about everything you said there is the exact opposite of what I've been taught. I too have had years of Bible study in school (I went to a Christian school taught by missionaries)and of course all the years of learning in church.

I think for me, if I were to believe that God uses the tools of the enemy to teach me something, it would be hard to walk in faith and believe my prayers would be answered. I am going to keep typing up the chapters of the book though, and maybe it will explain it better.
Anyways, no hard feelings or anything at all...we believe the most important thing- Jesus and His sacrifice for you and me- I know I'll see ya in Heaven :)