July 29, 2013

Healed

Glory Hallelujah, Jesus set me free!!

Finally, finally, finally, my hands don't hurt. That was one of the weirdest illnesses I've ever had, and I believe it was a full on attack of the devil. My family was in hand to hand combat with the kingdom of darkness. But, we stayed with it, we continued in the Word, in prayer, in worship even when things didn't get better, and stepped out in faith, and we got the victory!

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;..." 2 Corinthians 10:3-4

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Ephesians 6:12-13


I was still feeling pain Friday, which was the day I had a overnight shopping trip planned with my mom and sister. It had been two years since we did anything, and I was NOT going to stay home. I was armed with plenty of painkillers and on I went. I felt good and the pain in my hands got less and less. We had a great time and by the time I got home Saturday night, I had almost no pain.

I can actually do some work this week. Today I will be catching up all the laundry, thoroughly clean the bedrooms and bathrooms and floors and do some organizing, and sometime this week I'm gonna hit my closet. Ouch :)  And, now I can start my beachbody Chalean Extreme workouts!!! I even bought myself some very nice underarmor workout clothes and those bright colored Nike shoes. I'm set! Gonna burn some fat! I'll look like a different person soon!

My husband and I are also making plans to build a small greenhouse. See, we have very sandy soil, and a certain pest called grasshoppers has overridden us. They have eaten my beautiful plants, herbs, all the cabbages, green beans and squash. With that and the fact that this is Texas and the heat is unbearable to work in, we're going to have a fall garden ENCLOSED in a green house.

Grasshoppers don't like tomatoes and mint, so those survived, and I took my basil plants away from them, so we've had that too. The corn is still doing well, so there will be some corn soon! I need to take pictures. We also have a nice new crop of chickens. Well, what I mean is the chicks are almost grown and hopefully will start producing eggs. We were getting 6 eggs a day before some random dogs killed our best layers!!!

I'm still not done with homeschool plans, but I am getting really excited. After buying all the cute school clothes and shoes and seeing all the supplies at walmart, I feel ready to get into school mode again. 

Maybe I'll get some pictures of all this stuff to make the post more interesting, we'll see. For now I have to get moving.


1 comment:

Joyful Christian Homemaking said...

Well praise God, that is great about your hands! :-)

I would love some pictures of school stuff, and would love a peek at your curriculum, when you get it set up.