October 12, 2007

Chocolate Truffle Raspberry Cheesecake

The first time I made this cake I was preggo with my firstborn and it was my mom's birthday. She had eaten it at The Cheescake Factory and I found a recipe for it. WOW! I have made it so many times that even though I lost the recipe I know it by heart.


For the Crust:

crush up 1.5 cups chocolate graham crackers
mix with 1/2 stick of melted butter

Press into large springform pan and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.


Raspberry puree:

Empty one package of frozen raspberries into a sauce pan, add water to cover, the juice of half a lemon and 1/3 cup sugar. Let simmer for 15 minutes, then mix 1 T cornstarch with a little water and add to berries. Simmer mixture till slightly thickened. Let cool, then strain through a sieve.


Cake Filling:

3 packages softened cream cheese
4 eggs
1 can Eagle Brand milk
1-2 t vanilla extract
1 12oz package of semi sweet chocolate chips


Melt chocolate in double boiler or microwave. ( I prefer stovetop method). With a mixer, blend cheese, condensed milk and vanilla till smooth. Add eggs one at a time, and then melted slightly cooled chocolate. Blend till thoroughly mixed.

Layer half the chocolate mixture into pan. Add 2-3 T raspberry puree, then the rest of chocolate batter, the more puree on top. Take a skinny sharp knife and gently swirl the batter creating a pretty design on top. Bake at 350 degrees 1 hr. Center of cake should jiggle. Let cool before refrigerating. For my husband's birthday I garnished it with fresh raspberries, chocolate curls (use a potato peeler on a brick of chocolate) and fresh whipped cream. I also usually have enough raspberry puree left to drizzle over the top of each slice.

It all gets eaten up! People get mad if I don't bring it to family gatherings,LOL. It's a lot of steps, but really pretty easy. Enjoy!

No comments: