August 12, 2013

The Great Purge

When we bought this house, four years ago now!!!, we bought it quickly. We needed to move to this town before I had the baby and before school started. So, we picked a double wide mobile home that was in great condition, like new, and it had about an acre of land in a nice quiet neighborhood. It was also well within our means financially. God worked miracles, we got in and got pretty settled before we had the baby and before my two girls started school. It was a lot of stress and work, but we did it!

The place we are in has been a blessing and it has been good, but we are outgrowing the house. Our living room is a big square and we haven rearranged it like 10 times over the past 4 years and it helps for awhile, then it's getting cramped again. The bedrooms aren't tiny, but they get tiny when there are two twin size beds in each room, even with bunkbeds. Our kitchen is large, but very dark and the tile is an odd color that annoys me, yet I don't want to replace tile myself. One of the biggest complaints is the fact that our soil is sand and the grasshoppers love it. They feast on our garden every year and we are done with that!

So we've been talking about selling and moving for over a year now. Ever so often I get online and look at the housing market and sometimes we go visit one we like. Well, my husband is getting serious about it, which thrills me. In the years that we've spent here, the house has gotten very lived in. We need new carpet, to repaint some areas, replace some damaged areas and clean/paint the outside of the house. We are planning to have a yard sale in a few weeks, and it just so happened that this past Saturday I happened on this plan at this site, called Life as Mom:


You start with your personal space (bedroom and bathroom etc.) and move to the kitchen and throughout the rest of the house. I got three weeks till our yard sale day, two of which are still summer and not school yet, so, I will be doing some heavy decluttering. I'll be praying a lot. Maybe, maybe, maybe if I feel motivated, I'll take some pictures of the process. We'll see....

1 comment:

MaryScarlett said...

ooh this is perfect! We are in the process of moving from a 2600 square foot two story home to a 1014 square foot apartment! I need all the help I can get!