June 24, 2007

Weightloss Ticker

Alright, so I put my ticker up there for all to see. I know there aren't many people who read my blog at this point, but still, putting it up there for all the world to see is humbling. I was thinking that if I did that, then it would be a sort of accountability. Here is some background on my weight. I have always been a big girl, except at birth. I am just a big o' tall girl with a large bone structure. In highschool I was Miss Athletic with muscles and at my leanest, yet I still weighed 190lbs and wore 14/16 clothes. I gained weight after I graduated and wasn't in sports as much. After I got married I lost about 40lbs, weighing 175lb. Then came the first pregnancy, we had problems, I was on bedrest and instructed to eat a lot, so I gained about 60lbs. Three months later, I became pregnant again, gained 30lbs. I now had two daughters age1 year and newborn. I have always eaten healthy food during this period, mostly healthy that is. When daughter #2 was 11 months I conceived again, miscarried a few months later, conceived again 5-6 months later, did NOT gain weight! I lost weight on that one, and gained a total of 10lbs the whole pregnancy. I had daughter #3 in March 2006. So, now, I finally feel like I can do something about it.

I have tried many diet plans, some worked, some did not, and most I couldn't stay with for one reason or another. The things I have always done: eat whole grains, quality fats, plenty of fruits/veggies, lean protein, water and a balanced diet in general. However, as of late, we do eat more sugar than we should. I discovered I like baking, as in not just eating the goods but the process of making baked items. My favorites would be- scones!!! Biscuits, homemade bread, oatmeal cookies and muffins. I hardly ever make brownies and really sweet things because I know I will eat a bunch. I do love them though and have a great recipe. Occasionally I'll make a pie, usually pumpkin or a fruit pie. Sometimes even a cake, like once every 3 months.

My plan is to reduce the amount of sugar I am ingesting- what I put in coffee/tea, any jam I put on bread, whatever. Also I am planning to get the exercise going. I've had a tape called Fat Burning Yoga for awhile. I like it, but it's long, and hard to fit in the time. The thought just occurred to me that my kids might enjoy it too, so I will be doing a combo of that and a stationary bike. I hope to get my hands on some Firm tapes that I've heard about. I need to get into better shape first though.

Interestingly enough, the past year I have stayed at a steady 240lbs, and within the last month or so my weight has gone down to 225. I have no idea why or what happened. So that's helped me get in the 'mode' of trying harder to lose the weight. According to those charts, I my weight goal should be 150lbs or so, but for me, just to get below 200 would be wonderful!

So, there's the history of my weight in general. I hope to make it change a lot soon!

3 comments:

ML said...

Hi Jessica,

I've been reading your blog for about two weeks and I have enjoyed it. I don't remember how I came to it, but I bookmarked it and now I'm here often. I admire your weight ticker. I could use one too, but I'm not as brave as you to put it up so publicly, not yet anyway. :) Good luck to you and I'll be joining you. Sugar is my weak spot too. See you around.
ML

Anneatheart said...

Hi there! Glad you enjoy my blogging :)Most of it as you can see is all about my kids, but that's what my life revolves around now!!

*MichiganMomma* said...

Good for you with the weight loss ticker and such! Way to go!

It's late right now, but I'll talk to you about my so-called "eating plan" later. Yours sounds more "healthy" than mine - right now, mine is just to get some of this weight GONE - then I'll deal with improving my actual "diet".

Good for you girl - keep us informed of how things are going. I too *really* like to bake....that makes it really hard to lose weight around here - just ask my poor dh....*grins*

In Him~
Lori