October 27, 2009

Kitchen Happenings

So what's been going on in my kitchen lately? I actually took some pictures last night!!

We had homemade chicken noodle soup- super for immune boosting.




And delicious whole milk yogurt topped with this berry sauce- raspberries, blueberries and blackberries sweetened with sucanat and thickened with arrowroot powder.




Here's my brewing cupboard- an every growing kombucha mushroom that I need to pull out of there and make a new batch of! And a jar of kefir, almost ready to refrigerate.



I have 2 cups of steel cut Scottish Oatmeal soaking in water and whey for today's breakfast. Yum. No comparison to regular rolled oats.




Here are my herbal brews! I finally got them going! I have two large jars of immune booster and 1 of sleepy time. I'll give the recipes later.



I also made a large pitcher of herbal tea since the tinctures aren't ready yet. This is a mix of elderberries, echinacea tops and roots, yarrow, mullein and catnip. I HIGHLY recommend buying herbs from www.bulkherbstore.com You get a LOT of herbs for the price. I was absolutely floored when I saw how much I got in each bag!!!


And here is a kitchen tip. When I open a bag that doesn't have resealable thingie, I use clothespins! Works great- much better than the little twist ties and cheaper than buying 'Chip Clips'. I do also save the twisties from bread packages as well.


And I must close the post with a baby picture :)



And maybe another....

5 comments:

Tereza said...

I use clothes pins too and your baby is growing nicely!

Unknown said...

sweet baby....
;)

Brandy said...

Aha!! I TOTALLY forgot I have a canister of clothespins in the hall cabinet! Now I know what I can put htem to use for. YAY!

Your baby is SO ADORABLE!!

Anonymous said...

You are doing a wonderful job. Feel encouraged! It looks like you are really on track to raising a beautiful healthy baby!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to know where you got your recipes for your tinctures, as I am interested in making some as well. Hopefully you will share when you post the recipes?