Happy New Year to everyone! A brand new year- all the days that haven't been lived in yet are just waiting out there. 2009 seems to be a critical year for many. I know a lot of people are feeling trepidation about the new president and economy problems we are facing. All the more reason to be praying for our leaders huh?
For us 2009 holds lots of expectations- we know we shall be relocating at some point and we will have a new child. I will have two school aged children and two preschoolers. Life will change a lot next fall :) I'm sure everyone has made goals for the coming year. I'll share a few of mine.
1. We are moving back to the other house we lived in; it's bigger and will cost us next to nothing and the first goal is to move with as little clutter as possible. REDUCE the STUFF!!!
2. Eat nutrient dense foods 95% of the time, adhering pretty strictly to what the baby needs for growth and not so much what I happen to be craving :)
3. Begin and maintain an exercise routine- even if my belly is growing at least I can shape up the other parts of me.
4. Potty training...how glorious it would be to have all of them trained before the new one gets here! I might even have a diaper break for awhile...
5. Training the girls to become more self sufficient- doing things for themselves and with cheerful attitudes. (any tips on that?)
6. Become stronger in my faith and more filled with the Word of God. I am also seeking the baptism of the Holy Spirit i.e. filled with the evidence of speaking in tongues. I've been surrounded by it all my life but it's never happened to me, probably because I've always been a little afraid of it, lol. ***not looking to debate this topic. there really isn't anything to debate because it's Biblical; any rude comments will be deleted***
I guess that's it. I also want to do lots of sewing projects, but we'll see. I want to start sewing up some jumpers for the kiddies and maternity dresses for me. Then I want to do some home decorating, which may include sewing curtains and bedding for a boy/girl nursery. Sarah and the baby may be sharing a room, and if we have a boy I want it to work for both of them. I am thinking of trying to find some cute vintage 'Dick and Jane' fabric and trimming it with yellow and white gingham and some white pom pom ball trim. (or whatever you call it) What I have in my mind would be really cute.
We started moving some things over to the other house today. I am about to go surfing for help on decluttering and downsizing. If I find anything really good I'll post the links.