August 25, 2008

A Case of the Mondays :)

Just a quick note to let you know I am here, just real busy. My husband is back at work this week, so I'm trying to get life flowing more normally again.

Leiah started school today. Unfortunately the school decided she should be in the special ed class again this year instead of kindergarten, so I'm trying to decide how far I want to push it. I can call another meeting and demand they do what I want and threaten to get a lawyer, but I'm not sure if that's the way to go here. I'm just not really happy with the situation, however, she was so excited about school I went ahead and started her today.

Now I'm down to two kids :) We did a little 'homeschool' today with Alexa, my four year old. She is so ready for reading. So I will be working with her each day on that. Sarah is picking up stuff too- smart little girls!

Our garden is planted and almost all of the seeds have sprouted. The weather is back to normal August Texas weather- HOT :) But it's mixed with badly needed rain too. My husband is also working on the chicken coop, so we'll be having chickens soon, maybe within a month and I am still in the middle of the quilt. My next step is to iron on the fusible web to all the little pieces, then cut them out, and then iron on the pieces to my white squares. Not hard, just grunt work :)

Well, it's time for my tea :) I am not sure when Leiah will be getting home (bus is bringing her) so I'm trying to get my work done. I'm already behind because of an unexpected outing I had to take for two hours!! Unpredictable Monday...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I agree, it is hot again! Wasn't that rain we got a blessing, though? I hope Leiah had a great first day of school!