August 21, 2008

A Family Fun Day

What strange weather we have had. Rainy and cool. In August. In Texas...I mean, we did pray for the rain, we just didn't expect it to last so long. Two weeks.

Sooooo, this has cramped my husband's plan for his vacation majorly. Yesterday we HAD to get out of the house, so we went to the city to the Discovery Science Place. It's really really neat and only $5 per person. (Sarah was free) My husband loves science and is very intelligent in that area and the activities were lots of fun for the girls too. We were there from 2pm-4:30pm or so and then we ate dinner at a pizza place that had more games. We didn't get home till after 7pm.

This was my favorite. Basically you just throw nuts and bolts and washer onto those magnets. Me and the girls hung out there quite a bit.

One side of the place was dedicated as a miniature town and local businesses had sponsored the different areas. So, there was a local play bank, a play Brookshires (grocery store), and play hospital, vet, dairy, fire department etc. Plus, these businesses had donated real equipment for them to play on, such as uniforms, a live ambulance to play in, and the girls loved the hospital nursery area- the babies.

That one is my favorite.

Yea, sand...

In the 'fire truck'.

Silly kids...


Here is the little grocery store. My husband works for this company in the computer department, but at the real stores :)

Ok, I gotta get some bread shaped in the pans. I am using the bread machine today because I don't have enough flour and buttermilk for sourdough bread- my brain has all scattered! I also have laundry to hang up and take down and more sunbonnets to cut out!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

How fun! I am glad that you had a great day with your family! That miniature grocery store looks really neat... I will have to check it out with my niece and nephew. Is it the Science Place in Dallas?

Anneatheart said...

No it was in Tyler.

Shannon L. Fowler said...

It looks like a LOT of fun for kids AND adults! he he he I'm such a kid at heart! LOL

God Bless,
Shannon in NC

anon said...

Hi there. What a sweet blog! Found you through http://www.keepingthehome.net. We used to live in ET and loved the DSP. Happy to be back home in Dallas now, though.