August 1, 2008

I am LIVING this!!!! wahhh :(

YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN TEXAS IN JULY WHEN...

The birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.

The trees are whistling for the dogs.

The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.

Hot water now comes out of both taps. (SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!)
Especially from the water hoses.

You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron....

The temperature drops below 95 and you feel a little chilly.

You discover that in July, it only takes 2 fingers to steer your car..

You discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.

You actually burn your hand opening the car door.

You break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m.

Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end

up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"

You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.

The potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out

and add butter, salt and pepper.

Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying
boiled eggs.


The cows are giving evaporated milk.

Ah, what a place to call home...

God Bless Our State of TEXAS !

*************************************************************************************

This is so true. I will also add the when the breeze blows it feels like someone has turned a hairdryer on you; the pool offers no relief because it feels like bathwater; everyone sighs with relief when it's only 77 degrees at 7am; I am no longer even trying to straighten my hair because of the humidity; our poor air conditioner just can't keep up in the late afternoons; I sweated all morning and had to take a shower. I actually got some sun (not a bad burn) just from standing in the yard for 15 minutes.


If you've never been to Texas in the summer, ya just ain't gotta clue. Lord, speed up August and September so we can have some cooler weather please!!


Ok, I'm done whining. Sorry to neglect you all. This has been a crazy busy week. I hope to go into more details later, but I can't right now. Have a good Friday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What part of TX? I live in TX too! It's WAY too hot in our neck of the woods as well!!!

Valerie Roberson said...

SOOOO true! My poor kids. We can't even swim for comfort, b/c it IS just like bathwater! Just when I think summer won't be so bad...UGH!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! I'm not in Texas, but I am a neighbor to Texas, as you know. We've been in the 100s. The other day was 105. I was seriously going to fry an egg on the sidewalk to show the kids, but I forgot. :-(

I love hot weather though. :-) I'll take sweating to chivering any day.