May 26, 2009

Happenings

If you look at my ticker up there you can see I'm in the third trimester now. Wow! I still have a hard time believing I'm actually pregnant again. I just really didn't think it would happen again because we were too scared to plan it. God helped us out I suppose.

So I now have less than 12 weeks before we have a family of 6. This Thursday I have to do the lovely 1 hour glucose test for gestational diabetes- yack! Plus I have to get a RhoGham shot since I have O negative blood and dh has positive. We are also going to do a very detailed sonogram, which is good, because since the last one I've had a very hard time convincing people it's not a boy. Sheesh. Then, it's back to the doc every two weeks now!

I have a new set of names. I abandoned the criteria of it has to end in an 'a' and it has to start with a different letter than my girls' names. It just got boring. Here are some new ones I like:

Brookley
Kimberley
Brielle
Samantha
Bethany
Callista- Callie

I still like Makayla and Brylee too...kind of a neat name would be Christina Evangeline- it means
"follower of Christ" "Messenger of Good News". And 'Brylee Faith' would mean 'courageous faith'...

Anyways, in other news (ha,ha) we have changed our minds about the house we picked. Sure we could probably afford it, but we feel it's best to live below our means so we can continue to get rid of debts. Plus, that house was well off the beaten path and when in the world is my husband going to be able to keep up 5 acres of land?? There was another home, manufactured but very nice, sort of in the country but next to other houses that we really liked. We're going to take a second look tonight. Plus it's only a mile from the school and town and our church.

It's time for me to buckle down and figure out what I need to be doing to prepare for moving again. Regardless of when we move, there are things I can work on now, though I dread it. I'm in the middle of sewing some dresses and the regular upkeep of the home etc. but I'm going to have to work in sorting and packing. I hate to strip the house of anything decorative because we still have to live here, but I'm just gonna have to do it.

One more thing, I have another recipe to share, but I forgot to take pictures before we ate it. I tried something called 'blender batter waffles' in which you grind up whole grains with buttermilk in the blender, allow to sit overnight, then add the rest of the ingredients and reblend. There's no flour in it and it's a way to use whole grains without a mill. They turned out really well. I used 1 cup of oats and 1/2 cup of millet. They come out light and crispy and we topped them with berries and syrup. If you click on the link to the left called 'Sue Gregg' she has the recipe on her site with picture directions. She has a cookbook with lots of other blender batter recipes too...I might invest in that one.

Well, time to get crackin. I need to do some cleaning, laundry, menu planning and sewing...busy weekend, busy week, as usual :)

5 comments:

DeNiece Barnes said...

I love the name Kimberly Nicole, so if you choose the name Kimberly please let Nicole be an opition.I am ready to meet your new addition to your family. I know that you and your family are so ready to meet the new addition to the family. So how is it going with try to get the new house. I too tried a new recipe yesterday, I made my first cherry pie and it turned out wonderfully, talk to you soon.

true blessings said...

My sis in law wants to name her baby..JessaMAy Lee. ??I'm so excited for you and you new baby!!

true blessings said...

Jessica, if you don't mind, can you please email me so I can invite you to my now private blog.Thank you, it's gabriell.garcia@att.net

Tracie said...

We used to move a lot, too. Whenever I new a move was in the future I always packed up the 'extra' and left out the things we use everyday. If you think about it, we all have things we could do without~especially if it's only for a few months. Things like out of season clothing, toys (except for the favorites), extra linens (this also forced me to stay on top of the laundry), some dishes, photographs and albums, dvd's, paperwork, fabric that you know you won't be using soon . . .This really does cut back on the packing when it's actually time to go. I also found that it's easier to keep house without all the extra stuff. Quite a bit of mine never got unpacked, it just went straight to Goodwill!

Good luck with the house hunting!

Mrs. Darling said...

Your facing a lot of major things all at once! Good luck in your decision making! And yeah, five acres is a lot to care for.