April 21, 2008

7 Years Ago Today...


The two become one...our pastor likes to use colored water rather than candles because the two waters can never be separated again, like in marriage.

Cutting our cake. I bought the flowers for the cake and the lady who made the cake arranged them on it. Beautiful huh?

My other pictures wouldn't copy for some reason. By the way, I had to take pictures of my wedding pictures because my scanner is broken and somehow we never got these on the computer.

Incidentally, our wedding was a frugal one. I saw how nuts it was when my sister got married two years before and how much money was spent, so I opted for an easier more simpler route. I think including everything it was less than $2500. My grandmother made my wedding dress and the bridesmaids' dresses, we even had a mini strings orchestra playing, we bought and made all the decorations and the little country church only cost us $100. Our pastor didn't even charge us but we made him a gift basket. My mom made the groom's cake- a chocolate peanut guitar shaped one!

I would love to write out our courtship story, but I don't have time now. Maybe later if it works out. After seven years we are more in love and live like we're on our honeymoon still :) Yes we have those rough moments too, but we are wiser about how to deal with them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 7 years of marriage. What a blessing. I loved the pastor's coloured water idea - I feel some object lessons for children coming on...

Whitney Brents said...

Congrats!!! I love the colored water idea too!! You had a beautiful ceremony.

Kate said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! Thank you for sharing, I love to see wedding photos and hear the stories of such happy occasions.

cherylharrell (Mrs Harrell) said...

Happy Anniversary! This yr I will bve married to my hubby 22 yrs. Time flies. God Bless... :)