March 27, 2009

New Hairdo Photo Shoot

I decided to blowdry my hair straight today and see how the new haircut looked. I like it! So this isn't how the hair has looked all week- it's been wavy and big in the front and sides :)




This shirt makes me look pretty pregnant. So far no one has asked me when I'm due while wearing it, as they would probably be in shock if I said August! I look like it should be coming a lot sooner. It's very feminine though and I would have liked to get more in different colors, but white was all there was.

I've been cleaning and rearranging the house today...I'm not sure why I like to that on Fridays. It's pointless really, because on Saturday the house seems to get totally trashed. Weird.

I have an organizing-the-toys question: do you have the toys in the kids' rooms, or do you keep them in the main rooms of the house? My goal in allowing the girls to have the front room as their play room was to keep the mess there. However, it is gradually taking over the house, despite the fact that I've boxed up at least half of their stuff and gotten rid of a bunch. I can move them all to one bedroom and use the third as a play room, but when baby arrives I will need that room and have to move it all. Yet, if they all are in one bedroom, there isn't room for their kitchen set etc.

I'm just tired of the first room in the house to be a constant wreck :) It's very tiresome to look at, though it's not too hard to clean up. Anyways, just asking...as a child, my stuff stayed in my room. But there were only two of us (siblings) and our age difference was 6 years, so I played by myself mostly.

Time for lunch!

12 comments:

EvelynMasters said...

Hello! I was just wondering where you got the shirt. Its really cute and we just found out that we are expecting #2 in November and because #1 is almost 5 I didn't save a lot of my stuff, so I will be needing some cute and feminine shirts. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Clutter control with little kids is so hard. I tried to keep one room toy-free so that there was a calm place to sit and read. I also kept the TV out of that room. It was usually the living room and was a nice place to sit and talk, read to the kids, snooze on the couch!

SaChay said...

I love your hair! Its Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Both your adorable haircut and your belly. Love the pics. Very fun! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your haircut, you look gorgeous. It really suits you and is very feminine.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE your hair!!

vehementflame said...

love the do! I can't belive noone has asked you when you are due yet- that question drives me NUTS!!! and then it's always followed by - what are you having? ummm a human I think....ha ha ha. but we keep all the toys in their rooms. I have a bookshelf (5 shelf) with those nice cloth bins (2 fit on each self) and they have to keep them organized( cars, guys, blocks, legos, etc...) the kids pick up before lunch (after lunch is nap time) and usually again after dinner. when they are thrugh playing with something it gets put away before something else gets drug out..I hpe I don't sund mean- we have a small house and I can't have toys under my feet all the time. so those are the rules.

Blessings, Hunter said...

I made my kids keep their stuff in their room. If it overflowed into the other rooms I figured they had too much and threw it away.

Love the hair! And the belly pics too.

liz from new york said...

let me tell ya, people pay LOTS of money up here in new york for a sexy haircut like that, and you have great thick hair that can support it,it looks like it does need some styling to keep it everyday, but honey, its worth it, you look too darn cute!!anyway, i STILL have super clutter issues, and i have learned not to fight the tide, it's too overwhelming, as they get older, they STILL leave books, jackets, sports stuff, and BIG piles of laundry, thats my goal this week, to conquer "mount laundry", I HOPE i can,im SO discouraged this week! have a great weekend!

Mary said...

I love your hair! I bet it is easier to care for. Honestly it looks great on you!

jesnicole said...

THAT IS A REALLLLLLY CUTE HAIRCUT!! LOVE IT!!

Anneatheart said...

Thanks so much for all the compliments! I am liking the hair a lot more since I straightened it a bit- not so wild looking :)

To Evelyn- I got my shirt at good old walmart. On sale for $9...I had to go to a different town though, because the store near me doesn't carry maternity anymore.

I am quite unsettled with the toy situation. I am brainstorming on what to do about it...