September 20, 2007

And Wuv, Twoo Wuv...

A week ago my husband was out of town on business. I hate being apart- everything goes downhill! Maybe it's because my kids are still so little and helpless...and destructive! Anyways, when he arrived last Thursday my lentil soup for the feast was burning, my challah bread dough was overflowing in the stove, I was throwing toys into the toy box and crying and while all the girls were crying with me. Did I mention I can't sleep when he's away?

He took the older two in their room and got them changed into pjs while I took Sarah and got her changed. Then he and the other two came in with these flowers and a perfect, sweet card. It was like healing balm to my soul!


I have to say, marriage wasn't at all what I thought it would be. Some things were very hard to learn, after all I never lived with anyone else but my parents before we married. He had been on his own for years. We've been stretched a lot in our six years together, but I thank God that I married someone who is willing to change, as in allowing God to mold him into what He wants. He cares so deeply for me and is so willing to jump on board with any idea I might have. (like the Feast and the girls' mural) Only recently have we really come to understand our different roles in marriage and how they work together. Our relationship is so much better than when we first began, even though I couldn't imagine it getting any better at the time.

I am so happy to know that I really do have, in the words of the priest on the Princess Bride, "Twoo Wuv" -True Love that is :)

No comments: