September 8, 2007

Random things about me

Just thought I'd post a few things about myself that no one would ever guess I did :)

I once ate a crickett- on a nacho- on purpose :) Hey I was 12 and it was a dare!

In highschool I was Miss Athletic and played varsity volleyball (I am tall, major spiker) and track. Um,I'm not good at running, but I could sure hurl that discus and shotput :)

I did not learn to drive at all until right before my 16th birthday. I didn't even know how to turn the ignition :( That was not a fun learning experience and I would get lost so easily. It didn't help that my vehicle was a mile long truck.

I am the youngest- 5.5 years younger than my sister, and since she was too cool to play with me I was like an only child for awhile. Hence the reason I don't understand why my close in age children act the way they do.

In fifth grade I was taller than all the kids plus most of my teachers. I stuck out a little.

I still played with dolls of all sorts when I was 13 years old. (you might guess that one)

I don't enjoy rollercoasters and amusement parks, but if in a large group I can pretend to have fun.

I didn't know how to cook anything from scratch when I married. We ate lots of spaghetti and frozen pizza and boxed macaroni and cheese.

I taught myself how to make soap from lye and fat. I like getting dressed up in my old lab coat and goggles and mixing it all up like a scientist. This was a few months after I got married.

I have blessed to have travelled to New York City, Washington D. C., Holland, Paris, Seattle/Mt. Rainier, Victoria Island, Canada, Jamaica, Grand Caymen and Cozumel, Mexico. (all within the span of two years) Also Upper Michigan and all the states in between it and Texas several times and the coast of Florida.

I was face to face with Winona Ryder in Paris- it took me a minute to recognize her because she had long blond hair, and she's very short. We were in the same store.

I ate raw meat in Paris. It was supposedly 'cooked' in lemon juice and it was another dare. Yack.

My favorite movies are The Princess Bride, Anne of Green Gables and Avonlea of course, Dumb and Dumber and all Ace Ventura's, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Chronicles of Narnia, The Last Sin Eater, and Lord of the Rings Trilogy (well I like the first one best). There's a lot more but that's all I can think of.

My biggest food weakness is sweets. And breads, but I'm getting better.

I used to be a skateboarder- not great but that was my thing when Matt and I were 'just friends'. He was a rollerblader.

My mom is one of my bestest friends and always has been. We talk almost everyday and have fun together.

I loved absolutely everything about my wedding- EVERYTHING- it was so perfect- the weather and everything. Wish I could get pictures up for all to see- no scanner :(

The chores I used to hate most I really like now. They are doing dishes, vacuuming and ironing. I used to like laundry better than dishes and bathrooms better than vacuuming- not so anymore.

I enjoy almost all foods that I diskliked as a kid. If cooked the right way I like runny fried eggs, black eyed peas, greens like spinach etc., English peas, sweet potatoes and onions. Still don't like cantaloupe (big thing down here) or asparagus, no matter how many times I've tried them.


Well, that's all I have time for, there's plenty more. Hope this gives you an idea about what I'm really like :)

No comments: