September 12, 2007

Tired

I'm tired. I don't sleep well when my husband is gone, so to compensate I stay up later so I know I will actually sleep. 6 hours just isn't enough for me, at least not several days in a row. Plus I get up by 6:30 am to get my girls ready for school. I can definitely see the beauty of homeschooling in this area-you can start at what time you want each day.

Since I have the dinner at church this week, I opted for convenience foods. So far we've eaten, instant flavored oatmeal, frozen whole wheat waffles, tuna helper(which they all loved) and nutrigrain bars. Also orange juice from the refrigerated section, bagels and flavored cream cheese. I've tried to balance it with plenty of fat (whole milk, butter..) and either raw or steamed veggies and raw fruit. Oh well, it's just for a few days. Tomorrow we will probably eat cereal from Kashi and frozen ravioli. It's strange to cook this way- I'm so used to starting from scratch.

It's amazing how when your husband is gone you lose motivation to work on the house. I guess because the kids don't have high expectations and don't care it lowers my standards. Not that my husband wants me to keep a perfect house and make grand meals, it just feels different without him. I did do an Emergency quick clean yesterday, which helped, but the laundry needs some work.

Well, sorry I'm not very interesting today. My nephew and niece and my mom are here today unexpectedly, so I won't be taking a nap or getting much done. I'm too tired to!

1 comment:

Thirdtimemomma said...

time to break out the chick flicks. :)