December 17, 2007

Encounter with Santa

Last Thursday night was my husband's work Christmas party at Cracker Barrel Restauraunt. The girls and I were all dressed up eating cornbread and hamburgers :) Anyways, one of the guys there always dresses up as Santa Clause, and this is really the first year our girls have really understood anything about it. Yes, we 'do' Santa Clause- I honestly don't see any harm in it, and if they start asking questions, we'll tell them the truth-simple. I grew up doing Santa Clause and I was not damaged in any way when I found out at the, ahem, age of 12! (Hey, my parents went all out with phone calls and letters and such from Santa- I was a believer now!) If anyone would have been crushed, it would have been me.

But I digress...here are a few pictures.

Alexa was so excited she was trembling all over.

Sarah held her arms up for Santa to pick her up, but she doesn't look too sure about it here.


Leiah was not having anything to do with touching Santa Clause- she snatched the goody bag from him though.

After sucking on her candy cane for awhile, Sarah decided it would be best to stick it in her hair. Nice.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Y a know, I asked my kids about the whole "lying" to them thing that everyone seems to push. My kids said they understand why we told them about Santa. This is what they said: You tell us about santa to prepare us for when we get older and learn about the true meaning of Christmas. We are kids and really don't understand giving.. we want to receive just like baby Jesus did! As we get older we realize it IS fun to give and the true meaning of Christmas is that Jesus was born with a destiny!

Yup, I think I'm doing pretty darn good! Granted, the above is a summary and not a quote.. but that's pretty close! They were not crushed as children and don't need therapy LOL

Anneatheart said...

Wow Rachel- that is awesome! Thanks for sharing- it really encouraged me :)

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed the Santa posts and you've made me rethink some of our hard stance on Christmas. Also your post on Spiritual Pride resonated with me.

Keep up the great work!

gentlebreeze said...

I don't tell the kids that santa is real but that we have people dressed up as santa and we have santa ornaments etc for fun! They are perfectly ok with knowing the truth yet having fun with it!