September 12, 2008

Getting Ready

Today is my baking day. On my list:

Two loaves bread- from the bread machine

Sourdough pizza dough for 2-3 large pizzas
(we're having guests later)

Banana crumb muffins

Sugar cookies (from a mix given to me)

Gingerbread

However, since Hurricane Ike is supposed to hit tonight on the coast of Texas, I am making another trip to the store and movie rental place. I was supposed to go yesterday but forgot the rest of my money so that didn't work. If it's going to be raining and possibly storming tomorrow, forget it! I want to have what I need before.

So, that means today I have to do whatever laundry that needs to be done so I can hang it out while it's sunshiny. And that also means I may be cutting my baking list short for today. If we are going to be inside tomorrow then I will have more time to bake tomorrow. Hopefully.

I'm not worried about tornadoes and destructive winds/rain on our property and garden. I'm not even worried about power outages. But it doesn't hurt to be prepared in case someone else needs something. Psalm 91 says 'A thousand may fall at our side and 10 thousand at our right hand, but it will not come near you.' The Lord is our refuge and fortress, in Him we trust, and He will guard us and our property.

Anyways, I better get started with it all :)

No comments: