November 21, 2007

Goings On

The preparations begin! So far I've baked a pumpkin pie and made the cranberry sauce, and I was hoping to get my refrigerator yeast roll dough going..we'll see.

First, because I have nothing else to ramble about, let me tell about our night. Our girls really didn't want to go to bed early- I would have let them stay up longer, but dh's parents are coming in today and we had things to do before their arrival. (meaning kiddies needed to be out of the way)

So about 10pm or so, Alexa woke up crying because her face hurt. Sunday she fell down some stairs and landed on her face- but, she didn't complain about this Monday or much yesterday. So, she cried and cried, Matt stayed with her till she fell asleep, then she woke up again and cried some more. Finally, he took her into the living room to figure out the problem. By then Leiah was awake and thought it was morning. I got her settled and went to talk to Alexa. Finally we put them both back to bed (because by that time Leiah got up again and was skulking in the hallway). We got them to sleep, walked out the door and Leiah got up and woke Alexa up!!!! GRRRRR!!! It was after midnight by now- needless to say Leiah got a swat and after that we didn't hear anything till 2am. More crying...Sarah started coughing all night. Everytime I would get to sleep, someone would wake me up. I slept about 4-5hrs because I woke up before 6am.


So, this is not a good set up for a pleasant day. However, for once the girls actually slept longer- till 8am no less. (Except for Sarah) Anyways, long story short, we've had a great day so far- the grace and mercy of a loving God! We made a pumpkin pie together- I let them have dough scraps and tiny cookie cutters and we made 'cookies' with them- just brush with egg and sprinkle sugar on top and bake them. The house is nice and tidy- we cleaned up the front and backyards- and dinner is in the crockpot. All we do now is wait for them to arrive in the next couple of hours.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

No comments: