January 24, 2008

Acts

Ok, I have a lot to say, so hopefully I can get it all in here.

First off, God has been blessing me so much. For several weeks I was just soooo tired and sleepy, don't really know why. I would need down time each afternoon to make it through the day. But every day this week I have had plenty of energy to keep going without having to take a break- I do take a little one while the girls are napping, but still, thank you Lord!

I have never really been all that moved by the book of Acts. I don't know why, but it just never piqued my interest. Last week I read a book about Smith Wigglesworth, an apostle of faith during the early 1900s-1940s. Wow was he a character! 'Only believe' was his motto and he traveled the world over preaching and healing thousands upon thousands of people. I read portions of the book to my husband, who greatly dislikes reading, and it really inspired both of us to seek after the Lord with renewed vivacity.

Lately when my children are taking naps, the first thing I do when I sit down is read my Bible. I tried to get up early again and do it, but things just haven't worked out there. We'll see. I felt compelled to read the book of Acts and I'm up to chapter 10 now.

The Holy Spirit has made this book come alive to me. I read of Peter preaching to thousands in the city, and they ALL believed! Then there's Philip who goes to Samaria (Acts 8:4) and preaches, and the WHOLE CITY comes to Christ! Can you imagine what that would look like today? Not only that, but they were all baptized in the Spirit and speaking in tongues. What if the city of, say, Dallas ALL came to Christ and were baptized in the Spirit? Talk about revival now. This further cements that these men had to have the baptism of the Holy Spirit before this was possible- remember Peter always stuck his foot in his mouth. In order to be effective for Jesus, we have to be totally yielded to the Spirit so He can guide our words and steps.

I pray for revival to fall- we know the Lord is coming soon and I don't want people to be left behind. I know many people will be, but I don't want them to. I pray we can open our hearts and listen to His voice and obey it so we can help others be saved before it's too late.

No comments: