January 24, 2008

Another busy Day

Yet another busy day today. Tomorrow my mom, nephew and niece will be here, and it will be quite busy, so I had to get everything done today for the week. So, this morning the girls helped with vacuuming, mopping and cleaning bathrooms. Well, they sort of helped, mostly watched. Miss Sarah has been exhibiting more of an attitude lately; she needed lots of correction today, as did the other two. I was planning to start a 'boot camp' of sorts next week, but I have to go to the neighboring city twice, we'll see. I really just need to review www.raisinggodlytomatoes.com

So, anyways, I did sit down and read several books for our 'school' while Sarah played in the playroom. (I finally bought a gate) Then we tried going outside, but it's just too cold. Then I heated last nights pot of veggie soup and we had lunch. My cousin came by and my children turned into terrors! Finally, they were doing so badly it was obvious it was nap time. While they were laying down I started a new batch of kefir, kombucha and was going to make more sourdough bread, but I'm out of all purpose flour and I'm not sure if it would work well with 100% whole wheat. (as in, we were going to eat it for dinner and not enough time for it to rise)

I still need to make some cookies-whole wheat peanut butter, make some tomato sauce for lasagna today and pizza tomorrow and fold a load of clothes. I'm trying to buy less meat because I wanted to save us some money-well, forget that ! I worked so hard trying to make things come out for $70 or less, and it was still $100. Last time I just bought whatever we needed without worrying too much about what it cost and is $80. How did that happen?

So, we've been having more meatless meals or stretching the meat more. Last night we had vegetable noodle soup with homemade chicken stock and some chicken sandwiches made with homemade rolls and the leftover chicken from making the stock. Tonight we will have spinach-cheese lasagna, salad and garlic butter rolls. (same batch of rolls, I'll just paint them with garlic butter and heat them)

I didn't realize how much cooking I did around here- it doesn't seem like a lot but typing it all up makes it seem like a lot. Ok, so anyways, tonight I have go to Walmart and get yellow thread and rick rack to finish Leiah's dress and get some more winter clothes for ME! I'm alternating between two blue jeans, 1 black pants, and several skirts, and when it's less than 40 degrees outside, I want pants please :)

Ok, enough rambling about my day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wear leggings under my dresses in the winter. It's 30 degrees out today, and the kids and I had to get groceries. So, 1yr old and I wore leggings under our dresses. I got my leggings from the ladies long John section. My leggins are white, with pretty little lace around the bottoms.

I've personally found that wearing leggings under a dress is warmer than jeans. Now it's like I'm wearing pants with a blanket (my dress) over them. :-P

jesnicole said...

I'VE NEVER KNOWN OF SOMEONE ELSE LISTENING TO DISCIPLE! MY HUSBAND AND I SAW THEM IN CONCERT. IT WAS PRETTY FUN. I LIKE THE ONE ALBUM I'VE HEARD OF THEIRS. JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE THAT! MAYBE YOU CAN SLEEP BETTER KNOWING THAT. :) HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND! OH, AND HOW DID YOU GET THAT LIL' THING THAT PLAYS MUSIC ON YOUR BLOG? I'M SO NOT INTERNET SAVVY ANYMORE. THANKS SO MUCH!!