July 15, 2008

Other stuff

What would a day be like to have cooperative and joyful children? No whining or crying? I don't know :) I did plenty of whining and crying today too, so they aren't totally to blame.

Still, I must be doing something right because Alexa and Leiah get so excited about doing 'cleaning chores'. Basically they equate that with getting to use the spray bottle :) Unfortunately Leiah sprayed herself in the eyes :(

Anyways, you all are right, I probably am way too hard on myself. All I can see is what I'm not doing or where I am lacking. I let the cares of the world choke out the Word sometimes because I feel so busy and don't enjoy the process.

I started this post yesterday, but it never got finished. Anyways, I realize that my own attitude yesterday was grouchy and just plain ole stinky. Honestly, what do I have to complain about? I have a nice home, plenty of food, a nice car, time saving appliances, lots of extras, a loving husband and beautiful girls. Not to mention I know the Lord intimately- thank God! I am so so thankful I am not lost.

Anyways, somehow I have got to figure out how to be joyful and kind when I don't feel like it. My feelings control too much of how I act. I am being selfish. I'm going to have to learn to recognize when my flesh is kicking in and how to stop it.

I have lots to blog about soon- the upcoming plans my husband and I have to become less dependent on the store, how we are building up our health, clarification of that saying I hate- "God won't give you more than you can handle". That one- got new insight.

And I want to report that I truly am a southern girl- yesterday for dinner I made fried chicken (in the oven) with gravy, fried yellow squash, rice for the gravy (I know, no biscuits or mashed taters) and homegrown tomato-basil salad. That's not southern either, but the fresh tomatoes at every meal is. LOL.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

As moms/women, we ARE too hard on ourselves. Everyone is entitled to a bad/grouchy day. How you handle it is another thing! :) Trust me, this time will past when it seems all they is cry and whine and nothing gets done! It WILL past.. and faster than you think!

Ohiomom9977 said...

I am soooo with you on this one!! I often suffer from a bad attitude, particularly when I have whiney, crabby kids. I do ALOT more yelling that I'd like to admit. I struggle every day trying to keep a good attitude all the time and it's very difficult. I love my life and my family but sometimes it all seems to drive me nuts.
By the way, I'm blogging now - come and check it out if you get a minute http://ohiomom9977.blogspot.com/
I hope you don't mind that I linked to you in my blog list - if so let me know and I'd be happy to take you off.