August 20, 2007

Last day of Feminine Dress

This is the dress I wore to the outdoor work party the other day. (please pardon the wrinkles, no time to iron this morning) I made it from a pattern and majorly altered it. I bought the fabric off the $1 table at Wal-Mart three years ago! It's very light 100% Indian cotton. I have to wear a full slip underneath, and next year I will be making a cotton one. This nylon one from the store does not breathe!

The dress is supposed to look like the shirts I've been wearing, with a V-neckline and a waistband with the gathered skirt attached. I attempted to simplify it a bit, and unfortunately couldn't find the waistband piece. So, I made one free hand and it's uneven. Oh well. The pattern is a very pale sky blue, gray and white stripe. The fabric is so delicate that every time i wash it, even on the handwash cycle, a seam rips open. I have some mending to do...

Well, I hope you liked peeking into my closet. Summer weather will be here for awhile yet, so I'll be wearing these clothes for the next month or so. Then I'll have to start gathering cooler weather clothes. I hope I'll have some time to sew some clothes and am thinking of ordering the Edwardian walking skirt pattern from Sensibility. It looks very simple and flattering.

Now I'm off the get going on my busy day :)

** It's interesting that I look like I have something of a tan in these pictures. I have been outside this summer, but only swimming once and I'm usually in the shade. Must be our lighting.

3 comments:

Thirdtimemomma said...

What a great week! My favorites were the little ones. :) But who doesnt love little girlies all dolled up. :)

Hope your having a great week. :) Are you going to do the Chronicles with Candy?

Anonymous said...

You look great in your dresses! Don't worry about maternity....I still wear some every once in a while.

Anneatheart said...

Thank you Christi- sometimes maternity clothes fit me better than 'womens' sizes!